Wardell Gardens Memory Club provides a safe and warm home for individuals with memory impairments such as Alzheimer's and dementia as well as complex medical needs.
Our residents live on a private, fully secured wing devoted exclusively to their care. We are united in our efforts to support the independence, dignity and enhancing each resident's quality of life.
Wardell Gardens Memory Club creates an environment where regular daily schedules, activities and programs are enriching for each resident. Families depend on our social service staff for advice, assistance and counseling. Many also benefit from participating in our active family support group.
Ongoing quality training for each of our staff members is part of our commitment to providing the optimum in memory care. Also a priority, is learning as much about each resident as possible to incorporate their past experiences into their daily activities and social time
Elements of our dementia care program include:
- Fully functional independent, private and semi-private rooms with its own special dining and activities space
- An inviting and safe enclosed outdoor area for relaxation
- Variety of structured, supervised & enjoyable activities for 12 or more hours a day
- Comprehensive care plan that highlights each individual's unique strength and their past experiences.
- Customized food services to ensure proper nutrition and hydration
- Soothing environment free of unnecessary noise and disruption
- Physical/Occupational and Speech therapists who are specialists in Dementia Care
- Family style dining
- Family support group
- A private family room for quiet family visits
- Structured daily therapeutic activities
- Psychologist /psychiatrist council
- Aromatherapy as part of bathing and personal care
- Community outings
- Design and decor to promote feelings of peacefulness, safety and security
Getting out of wheelchair & return to independent ambulation
At Wardell Gardens, our residents can participate in our unique comprehensive program designed to keep our long term residents active and mobile. Our custom designed program includes fun group activities that focus on strength, balance, and coordination. These groups allow our residents to gain independence while socializing and having fun. Our skilled team of professionals from our rehab, nursing, and activities departments collaborate to make sure our residents get the most from the program. Residents that participate in this program experience greater mobility, fewer falls, and increased self esteem. Families and loved ones are welcome to join in on these fun groups and see just what all the buzz is about.